The only UK-wide register of tradeswomen.
Every piece of work completed through the register enables women to
transform their lives and contributes to increasing the number of tradeswomen.
COVID 19 safety
Before your tradeswoman arrives:
- please inform us if you have had a positive COVID 19 test, symptoms or contact with anyone who has in the last 14 days
- let us know if you’re shielding or supporting someone who is
Both of these instances may mean a postponement of your appointment unless it is a genuine emergency – that is, no heat, electrical failure, no hot water, no water, a gas or water leak.
- hands – They will wash their hands thoroughly before leaving the customer prior to you and sanitise them before entering your home. They will wash their hands before leaving your home to help protect themselves and their next customer
- face – They will wear a mask in your home and if you need to be in the same room as they work, will ask you to wear one
- space – Our engineers will strive to stay 2 metres away from you and any other members of your household, we recognise this is not always possible which is why we ask you to wear a mask while they are in your home unless you can wait in another room
When one of our tradeswomen arrive at your home they will also:
- clean the area they will work on with anti-viral wipes or cleaner (please don’t be offended, they will do this even if you have done it before they arrive)
- ask you to wait in a separate room while they’re in your home if at all possible, if not they will ask you to wear a mask
- clean the area they’re worked on with anti-viral again before they leave
In addition, we request that you ventilate the area for 15 minutes before they are due to arrive by opening windows or doors and that you fully ventilate it again after they leave.
Thank you for helping us keep you, our other customers and our tradeswomen safe.
We’re a not-for-profit company providing householders with trustworthy, verified tradeswomen all over the UK.
Householders have been asking us to provide a one-stop-shop for tradeswomen for years.
So here they are! Women plumbers, electricians, gas engineers, painters and decorators, gardeners, carpenters and many more.
All tradeswomen are fully verified and insured and carry photo ID showing their membership of Register Of Tradeswomen.
We take the strain
Just contact us on our free-phone: 0300 770 2252 or the form, letting us know where you are and what you need. We’ll match you with a suitably trained skilled tradeswoman who’ll call you back within 24 hours.
Plumbers and heating engineers, electricians, painters and decorators, gardeners and handy women, they’re all here.
We even have a stone mason and a digger lady, so ask if your request is more unusual.
We’re collaborating with organisations who support vulnerable women and women escaping abuse. It’s our aim for them and for all householders to be able to access tradeswomen easily.
Hundreds of householders have told us how comfortable they are with tradeswomen in their homes.
We’re already planning training for women survivors of domestic abuse to train in DIY and if they want to go further, in skilled trades and even join us on the Register of Tradeswomen eventually.
Proceeds go towards creating safe spaces for survivors of domestic abuse to train in skilled trades.
It’s our aim to make it easy for survivors to increase their independence and a great income by swelling the ranks of tradeswomen.
Thanks to our supporters for making this possible.