Did you know? Many women suffer at the hands of abusive male
partners after a tradesman has completed work in their homes?
Using tradeswomen reduces incidences, but we go further.
We work with survivors to enable them to train in trades
“Excellent service and great value. Will use again. Thanks”
“Vikki from Stopcocks Women Plumbers very knowledgeable and helpful.
Fixed leak created by male plumber when fitting new sink last year.”
“Nikki is really thorough and excellent, and good company too”
Olivia, S. London
“For an expert job and value for money, this could not be beaten”
“Please convey our thanks to Alice for a job well done”
Mary, St Albans
“I cannot express how much of a difference it makes having a woman, rather than a man in my home to carry out this sort of work.”
“Marvellous, thank you”
“I am grateful for the excellent service that I have received – thank you”
“Thanks for doing such a great job with the radiator.”
Jenna, Hebden Bridge
“Thank you and Kellie so much”
“As usual, Alice was exemplary in providing her customer service. It is so reassuring to have such an excellent plumber. She certainly helped to calm my nerves!”
“Many thanks. It was a very pleasant visit / service!”
Dyi, S.E. London
“Another great job done by Alice. Many thanks”
“Thank you. A pleasure to work with trades women!”
Virginie, SW London
“Thanks so much to the speedy and efficient Catherine, much appreciated!”
“I’m pleased with the new tap that Vicky installed quickly and neatly. Based on this experience, I will certainly contact the RTW again for other work”
“Kerry was prompt, incredibly thorough and explained everything carefully. Brilliant service all the way around!”
“Katie was brilliant. I will certainly use you again when I need a tradeswoman. I was thrilled with her professionalism, timekeeping and expertise.”
“Very satisfied – work done very promptly and efficiently and she also sorted out my stop cock.”
“Kerry, (Miss Maintenance) was excellent. Explained all that she would do and worked efficiently leaving no mess. Would certainly use her again and recommend”.
“Nikki was great and I’m very happy this organisation exists”.
COVID 19 safety
Before your tradeswoman arrives:
- please inform us if you have had a positive COVID 19 test, symptoms or contact with anyone who has in the last 14 days
- let us know if you’re shielding or supporting someone who is
Both of these instances may mean a postponement of your appointment unless it is a genuine emergency – that is, no heat, electrical failure, no hot water, no water, a gas or water leak.
- hands – They will wash their hands thoroughly before leaving the customer prior to you and sanitise them before entering your home. They will wash their hands before leaving your home to help protect themselves and their next customer
- face – They will wear a mask in your home and if you need to be in the same room as they work, will ask you to wear one
- space – Our engineers will strive to stay 2 metres away from you and any other members of your household, we recognise this is not always possible which is why we ask you to wear a mask while they are in your home unless you can wait in another room
When one of our tradeswomen arrive at your home they will also:
- clean the area they will work on with anti-viral wipes or cleaner (please don’t be offended, they will do this even if you have done it before they arrive)
- ask you to wait in a separate room while they’re in your home if at all possible, if not they will ask you to wear a mask
- clean the area they’re worked on with anti-viral again before they leave
In addition, we request that you ventilate the area for 15 minutes before they are due to arrive by opening windows or doors and that you fully ventilate it again after they leave.
Thank you for helping us keep you, our other customers and our tradeswomen safe.
Every time the register is used a small contribution goes towards the empowerment of women.
We’re a not-for-profit company providing householders with trustworthy, verified tradeswomen all over the UK.
Householders have been asking us to provide a one-stop-shop for tradeswomen for years.
So here we are! Women plumbers, electricians, gas engineers, painters and decorators, gardeners, carpenters and many more.
All tradeswomen carry photo ID showing their membership of Register Of Tradeswomen.
We take the strain
Just contact us on our free-phone: 0300 770 2252 or the form, letting us know where you are and what you need. We’ll match you with a suitably trained skilled tradeswoman who’ll call you back within 24 hours.
Plumbers and heating engineers, electricians, painters and decorators, gardeners and handy women, they’re all here.
We even have a stone mason and a digger lady, so ask if your request is more unusual.
We’re collaborating with organisations who support vulnerable women and women escaping abuse. It’s our aim for them and for all householders to be able to access tradeswomen easily.
Hundreds of householders have told us how comfortable they are with tradeswomen in their homes.
We already have our first training for women survivors of domestic abuse planned for 1st June 2021. They will train in skilled trades and even join us on the Register of Tradeswomen eventually.
Proceeds go towards creating safe spaces for survivors of domestic abuse to train in skilled trades.
It’s our aim to make it easy for survivors to increase their independence and a great income by swelling the ranks of tradeswomen.
Thanks to our supporters for making this possible.