This website, https://registeroftradeswomen.com, is operated by Stopcocks Group Limited, registered in England under company number 09199154 and having its registered office at The Mews, Little Brunswick Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, HD1 5JL (“we” or “us”) and we are a ” controller” for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information. Any reference to “we” or “us” includes Stopcocks Tradeswomen CIC, registered in England under company number 12750165 and having its registered office at The Mews, Little Brunswick Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, HD1 5JL.
Information which we may collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit our website and fill out the “join us” or “find a plumber” sections. All of the personal data which we use in delivering services is obtained either directly from you when you register with us, and through your use of our website and any further correspondence we may have with you.
We may collect the following personal information:
- a) full name;
- b) postal address;
- c) address where services are to be provided;
- d) company name;
- e) email address;
- f) telephone numbers;
- g) special requirements in relation to tradeswomen attending your address;
- h) Log Data (i.e. IP Address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages or the App, and other usage statistics); and
- i) if you are registering as a tradeswoman with us we will collect further information including DOB, criminal records, eligibility to work in the UK, insurance, qualifications/ safety certification and driving licence information.
How we use your information
We will collect your personal information for the purposes set out below. We have also indicated below which legal basis we rely on to use your information in this way:
- a) to identify you (legal basis: in our legitimate interests as a business to identify visitors to our website);
- b) to respond to any queries which you submit to us through the “join us” and “find a plumber” interactive sections of the website (legal basis: in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to respond to your correspondence);
- c) if you provide the necessary consents we can provide you with news and updates about our services and let you know about other related products and services that may be of interest to you—please see ‘Marketing’ section below for further information (legal basis: consent);
- d) to detect and prevent fraud (legal basis: to comply with our legal obligations);
- e) for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract
- f) for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g our obligations under health and safety legislation
- g) customise our website and its content to your particular preferences (legal basis: in our legitimate interests as a business);
- h) notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you (legal basis: in our legitimate interests as a business);
- i) improve the functionality of our website (legal basis: in our legitimate interests as a business).
We may periodically send you marketing emails and news about Stopcocks Group Limited and Stopcocks Tradeswomen CIC, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We shall only send you marketing emails where [ we have previously provided services to you or you have expressed an interest in our services/ you have given us your consent to do so].
You can opt out of receiving emails from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email which we send to you, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we will keep your personal information
We shall retain your information for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above, unless we are required by law to retain your personal information for a longer period. For more information on the retention of your data, please contact email@example.com.
When you contact us with an enquiry, we will hold your name and contact details only for the purposes of handling your enquiry.
Our approach to information security
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised people can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal information. In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise your rights.
- The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request that the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
- The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted, or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have lawful grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
- The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
- The right to complain
You can make a complaint to us by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
If you have given us your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information before you withdrew your consent.
Sharing your information
Where necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, we may pass your details to third parties such as providers of our IT systems where this is necessary for the delivery of our service. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
If you are a customer obtaining services via Stopcocks, we will share with our tradeswomen the personal data about you that they need to provide the service. The tradeswomen are controllers over your personal data in their own right.
If you are a tradeswoman providing a service to one of our customers, we will share the personal data about you that they need so that you can provide the service.
We may need to transfer your personal information to countries which are located outside the EEA and UK for the purpose of improving our service.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is handled securely and in accordance with this privacy notice and the relevant data protection legislation. These include ensuring, where the country does not provide an adequate level of protection, that our overseas suppliers enter into a European Commission approved contract.
Cookies and Tracking
- a) recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- b) obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- c) carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests;
- d) target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- e) make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Description of cookies
We may use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary: These are cookies which are essential for certain features of our website to work. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies we will be unable to provide all or part of Our Services to you.
- Performance monitoring: We use these cookies to collect details on an anonymous basis about how you use our websites. This information may be used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some cases we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us but they only use the information for the purposes explained.
- Functionality: These cookies are used to provide services or remember your settings. These cookies are aimed at enhancing your user experience by remembering your preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Marketing: These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and doesn’t contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising follow www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org or contact us for further information about the trusted third parties we use.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings accordingly. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Automated decision making
We shall not use your personal data in any automated processes to make decisions about you or to create a profile about you.
If you have any queries about this Policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can contact us at email@example.com.